Monday, October 22, 2007

The Lovely Bones

I am very behind on the times- I just read The Lovely Bones a few weeks ago and am just finishing She's Come Undone as we speak...I'm pretty sure these books were popular like 7 years ago but whatever- some times it takes me a little while.

Anyways, I was not the biggest fan of the Lovely Bones. I thought that it started off really promising and that the premise was fantastic. I just thought that it was poorly executed and the ending was lame and a waste of my time.

However, after talking to people I realize how many people absolutely love this book. So just a bit of news- they are making it into a movie right now with Rachel Weisz as the mom and Susan Sarandon as the grandmother. Ryan Gosling was supposed to be Mr. Salmon and was down in Pennsylvania filming but they have just announced that he has dropped out due to creative differences. He is being replaced immediately by Marky Mark.

I think this is a good move for Ryan. Even though he has been gaining weight for a while for this part weight doesn't necessarily make you look 40...he was too young! But I also can't picture Marky mark in this role. Mr Salmon is supposed to be this great dad respectable type- picture Steven Keaton. We'll see if it actually works

No comments: