Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Last Night


So I walked shamelessly up and down Bloor St. I gazed in windows, I looked in cars, I stared at everyone wearing passes. Nothing. No celebrities. Nada. So disappointing!!

But the good news of the night. First, I discovered the most amazing Winners ever. The bloor st Winners is frakkin amazing- I was so overwhelmed! I mean you name a designer they had it- and I mean real designers. I was shopping for a dress for Sheila's wedding and of course the one I picked out was the Alberta Ferretti- I almost passed out when I saw it was 899 dollars!! I ended up with the most amazing Calvin Klein dress and Chinese Laundry shoes- so excited!!

I then made my way down to Shopsy's- Becca introduced me to this little gem last year. Let me tell you they make the most amazing BBQ chicken salad on this planet....mmm....And I did something I've never done before- I ate alone in a restaurant for supper! And it wasn't bad- I just read...and ate my amazing salad.

Then I went across the street for the main event of the night- the Damian Rice concert!!! Let me tell you people- it was spectacular! Amazing!! One of the best shows EVER!! First off my seats were fantastic- 10th row back but first seats after the pit in the aisle so TONS of leg room. Then he came on. He was funny, charming, and haunting. His voice was pitch perfect...and sometimes he would sing without a Mike!!!!! And a lot was accoustic- most of the lighting was candlelight and just one spotlight on him...I haven't had chills like that since the Radiohead concert of yore. I laughed, I cried (seriously)...it was spectacular!!! He told all these funny stories- I just can't rave enough. An evening with Damian Rice did not disappoint...2 1/2 hours of just him- didn't waste my time with a stupid opening act. Best concert of the summer!

No comments: