Saturday, February 16, 2008

Movie Review- Juno


I went to see this a few weeks ago and meant to blog but it kept slipping my mind. I figure with the oscars next weekend I should put up a quick review just in case you were thinking of going to see it.

So overall- FANTASTIC!! I love love love this movie! It's cute, quirky, heartwarming and charming! It is unpredictable and doesn't just follow the standard crappy Hollywood formula. Ellen Page is fantastic, then we have my Michael Cera is just amazing as her quirky boyfriend. Granted I already love him since he is my George Michael but he was great in this role. I think the hidden gems of the movie though are the two parents- they have the best lines and are so caring and great.

I also loved how Canadian the movie felt- and I don't mean crappy colouring and quality like most Canadian tv. I mean when they went to the mall you saw the Body Shop, Garage and Peoples- awesome!

So overall- best movie of the year. Period. I mean it even made me cry- and I was not expecting that!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Completely agree. It was the most honest and vulnerable acting I've seen in a while. Every character was brilliant! Favorite movie in a long time, perhaps all-time... P.S. Am buying the soundtrack too.

Unknown said...

I have the soundtrack. LOVE it!
Move is fantastic. I want to go see it again.

Sarah said...

Juno finally arrived to small town England this weekend and I can't wait to see it! :)