Friday, February 12, 2010

THE OLYMPICS!!!!!!!

I'm SOOOO excited for these Olympics!! i've been looking forward to them for YEARS!! I can't believe that I'm not in Vancouver for them- I've been harassing Nas for years that I would go and yet I'm here....if this wasn't a kick in the ass to budget I don't know what is...

Ok enough about the Debbie Downer- it's the OLYMPICS!!! I was actually on the ice curling until 8:58 and watched the first hour at the club- I'm late blogging. I didn't get to here any of the commentary really and am now on my couch watching Poland walk in. Some comments:

The National Anthem- URG!! Seriously- where the HELL was CELINE!?!? That was HORRIBLE?!!? She had an ok voice but she went all Mariah Carey on that- it was sooo painful! And not appropriate for the event. It should have been sung beautifully and straightforward.

The opening native sequence- again, URG!!! I expected way more ot the opening sequence- the whole thing was native. It acted like that represents all Canadians....and I don't care about the PC shit- IT DOESN"T!!! And why the hell are all those people in the box with the Prime Minister and Governor General? I mean none of us know who the hell they are. And since when are Vancouver AND whistler the territory of the natives!!?

There should have been more in the opening that represent ALL Canadians...ALL of the cultures!!!

Oh the Olympians are already entering- where is the rest of the opening?!

I love the countries that only have 1 athlete- they look SOOO excited!!!

I'm still trying to spot Nas and Sara in the crowd- wehre are you?!

I heard at curling that Gretzky was going to run the torch in then hand off to Terry Fox's mother who will give it to a hologram of Terry Fox who will light the torch. Honestly- I hate the idea of this. I love the beginning....EXCEPT Terry should then hand it off to someone to light it. It's such a HUGE honour that it would mean so much to someone living. And it should be an Olympian.

I'm SOOOO glad to hear Brian Williams announcing- I thought he was with the CBC and I was scared we wouldn't hear him. There is something about his voice that just screams Olympics to me

One of my guesses for a person running the torch was Catriona Lemay Doan- well she is announcing so I'm guessing that won't happen

Well there's Biden- where the hell is Barack?

There's Louie Vito from Dancing with the Stars

Oh I see Canada- I'm so excited!! I think I might cry...seriously...this stuff gets to me every time!! Wow we have 206 athletes- that's amazing!! \

Oh god look of the pictures in Afghanistan- they look like babies...i'm going to cry more!!

I hate the scarf Clara is wearing- it looks like the Bay blanket. I don't mind the one the athletes are wearing. Urg her hat has to represent the first nations too?!!? This is wayyyyy too much

Oh Bryan Adams!!! You look so skinny!! Nelly Furtado you are not the best lipsyncher. I'm not sure about Nelly Furtado doing the sexpot dance in that dress- it just seems odd

Oh and it's Donald Sutherland's voice- it's so soothing!!

Ok the ceiling is pretty cool

Ok this bear is pretty damn cool!!! I do enjoy that...Coca Cola must have paid for that! And I love the floor. Now this is more like it!! And the whales are pretty cool

Oh and there is Sarah McLachlan- that makes sense! I love her necklace. They are making her lipsynch too?! I appreciate all the ballet dancing- if they can keep throwing in other cultures I'll stop being so cranky

Ok and the fiddlers- again, I totally appreciate this!! My family was full of fiddlers...Is that Dawson dressed as a Viking in a boat?!?! Oh Dawson Leary what are you doing?!

Ok the maple leafs on the ground are pretty cool....I'm very much enjoying this section. I love the red floor. This is super cool! This might be my favorite part- I'm loving this...ok loved the fiddling! But the tapping is doing nothing for me- not my favorite style of dance...Oh and here comes Ashley MacIsaac- I used to love him! Ok it's back to being good again...And the flames- all taping should have flames!!

JONI MITCHELL!!!! Ok crying again- my mom loves this song. And I see Emma Thompson crying in Love Actually...god this gets me every time! Are they not going to show Joni? This aerial acrobat is really good.

This Rocky Mountain scene is very cool too! This lighted rollerskating is reminding me of Starlight Express- except this is much much better!

WHo the hell is this guy with the weird beard?!? Seriously- I can't look past the beard...actually I don't mind what he's saying. Oh and they made a maple leaf- I like it

Oh they are acknowledging the death of the athlete- that is really nice. I can't believe they aired that on tv- it was so disturbing. You would think these people would learn how to pronounce Bienvenue!!! Oh god they are translating on the big screen- we don't have to hear him struggle with French. And it saves time. Michaelle Jean appears to be asleep! Well she'd better wake up- she gets to open the games! Oh poor Harper!

Oh Jesus here comes the crying again!! Hallelujah!! I love this song! And I love kd lang's version!! Leonard Cohen should join her to make the place go mental. For some reason I think she might really be singing...the others all looked lipsynched but I don't know.

Oh and here comes the Olympic flag. There is Donald Sutherland- he looks so cool! Oh there is Terry Fox's mother- she is at the front. Jacques Villeneuve- I've heard of him but wouldn't have recognized him. Don't know the figure skater. Oh there's Anne Murray. Romeo Dallaire- heard of him. Oh Bobby Orr- that's more like it! Bring out the legends!! Oh a female astronaut- never heard of her. I'm glad to see Bobby Orr there- although he could have ran the torch.

OF COURSE Gretzky will be involved with the torch- we haven't seen him! I think Donovan Bailey will also be involved.

Oh and they will have an opera singer do the olympic song- excellent! Talent!! Meesha- my friend who went to university with you said you are a cow- but I'm ok with that. You should be a diva!

Wow they are really honoring the luge player- he is a huge part of this ceremony. Poor guy. Oh and they put the flags to half mast- that is so nice!

Oh they have Hailey Wickenheiser doing the oath- that makes sense. She has been in like a million olympics.

Who the hell is this French guy- where is Roch Voisine?!

Ok is this the torch finally- this is what I've been waiting for for months!! Oh it's the paraathlete Rick Hansen- that is very deserving. Oh it is Catriona Lemay doan- she left the broadcasting to do this- I didn't notice she wasn't talking anymore. Oh it's Steve Nash- isn't he against Canada? I thought I heard rumours about him but could be wrong.

Nancy Greene- now that is very very deserving. I'm glad they are bringing out the big guns

And there is Gretzky! Listen to the crowd. Of course he's involved! And they are all at different points- will they really give it to Terry Fox!? No one other than a Canadian will understand who he is. I am shaking all over in anticipation- seriously- this gets me everytime!!

Oh it just showed Nancy Greene crying- that is nice! Oh the hydraulics aren't working- that's what going on!! I was wondering what the hell the hold up was!! The cauldron is right in the middle of BC place? I guess there are no events there

Oh shit whoever is in charge here is going to be fired! This is awkward! Wait who lit it!?!? I didn't see one person light it?! I'm so confused!?!? Was it supposed to be Terry Fox and the whole thing got messed up!? Oh Wayne Gretzky is going to go outside to light it- maybe this is when they will involve Terry Fox

Will he be passing it off to others? This is super weird!

Oh they just said that Catriona Lemay Doan started the torch run- how many times does this woman have to do it?

This is one of the weirdest torch lighting scenes I've ever seen!!

Will this drunken crowd let Gretzky through!?

I said from the beginning it would be Gretzky doing this and it was...god I'm awesome

K that was great- and I love the design of the cauldron!

I'm so excited for these games!

No comments: