Sunday, March 30, 2008

Earth Hour

I didn't make it home in time to start Earth Hour in my apartment so for the first ten minutes I was driving. And let me say- most businesses showed a piss poor attitude towards this. I drove by Yorkdale at exactly 8pm and ALL the lights were still on! The Home Depot across the street turned them off- but Yorkdale even had all the outer lights on. I understand that it was still open- but the outside lights could have been turned off. Then as I drove down Avenue almost everything was on- all the gas stations, blockbuster, No Frills, McDonalds. Even the two high schools- Havergal and the catholic one- had ALL the lights on. The Catholic one- it's call Michael McLugh or something- had ALL the top floor lights on. I mean come on- there are no students there on a Saturday night- Turn off the lights!! Then I looked over at the condo towers at Yonge and Eglinton and they were completely lit up.

There were some honourable mentions. The city obviously had turned off some of the street lights and the ones that were on were dimmed. The first shoppers had their lights off and so did the second cup. But really- that's about it.

And of course it wouldn't have been complete without my douchebag neighbours. That complete retard across the hall had all of his lights on and was having a party- shockng. And the complete idiots upstairs also had all their lights on- and to top it off- were doing LAUNDRY!!! Laundry! Who the hell does that during Earth Hour!!

No comments: