Monday, May 18, 2009

Farrah's Story

I set my PVR to tape this on Friday night and I just watched it. First- I'm still crying. They played Melissa Etheridge's song "I Run" at the end and that song always gets me.

Next- good for her. Good for her for documenting her treatments and allowing the camera to film her at her worst- that was incredibly brave of her. For someone who is famous for their beauty that was fantastic showing what cancer does to you. And allowing them to show her bald- that was amazing. Good for you!

All and all it was a fantastic piece- anything that brings attention to the reality of cancer and it's effects gets my thumbs up. To show such personal moments in your life and open yourself up to scrutiny- not easy.

The poor woman obviously doesn't have long- she should be proud she did this and brought awareness to anal cancer. God I hope more people go and get colonoscopy's- if you are over 50 go!!! Yes dad that means you!!

No comments: