Thursday, June 19, 2008

Smut Soiree!


Sheila and I went to the smut soiree last night and let me tell you- I had the best time ever!! It will be hard for me to write this post without constantly gushing but I'll try.

It was held at a mansion in Yorkville that was beyond spectacular- I've never been in a house like it. It was ginormous and gorgeous and the decor was fabulous. The whole evening was designed so that we would feel like celebrities and be treated as such. It was labelled as a pool party at a Hollywood Hills mansion. When we arrived we got out of our cab and the paparazzi were there to take our picture. They kept saying things like "Oh my god they're here!"- haha! Then they started encouraging me to do a supermodel walk and wouldn't you know my inner Tyra was released and I was FIERCE!! I was strutting like no ones business- I'm sure I look like a total tool in the pics but it was sooo fun! Then someone ran up and asked for my autograph- haha! As you are walking in they are also on a headset letting people know you've arrived- HAHA

Once inside there were people inside holding silver trays with champagne flutes. I'm not a fan of champagne or redbull but let me tell you when the two are combined it is fabulous!! Right inside Lainey and Dan Levy were talking to people- I of course got intimidated and ran away!

We went into a dining room and there were Christian Dior makeup stations set up. You could get your makeup done - which of course we did. People were also walking around with hors d'oeuvres trays- so fancy! We just kind of wandered and chatted. I then discovered the pink martini that made my night- it was made with raspberries, x-rated liqueur, pink lemonade and skyy vodka- AMAZING!!! I might have one too many because it was like candy!!

Then the question and answer period started- we went into the pool house for the best view. Lainey and Dan Levy were answering questions from the audience and let me tell you a TON of questions were answered. For example:

1- For the blind item the other day it is not a president or someone who played a president that is having the affair- she said we are on the wrong track. But she didn't say it wasn't Shannon Doherty...

2- LC and Audrina are not getting along, are not talking, and it's NOT scripted

3- Steven Page from the Barenaked Ladies is the do-gooder singer who left his wife and children for someone from the internet

4- Nicole Kidman is the biggest fraud in Hollywood

5- Both Lainey and Dan confirmed that Katie Holmes is frightening in person since she is hypnotized- and Lainey believes both she and Nicole definitely had a contract with Tom

6- Angelina and Brad definitely in love

7- George Clooney has had a vasectomy. Sarah Larson went too far thinking she could trap him with a pregnancy- she should know her place in life- on her back. She overreached

8- Katherine Heigl is a total cow who is trying to get out of her Grey's contract. After her emmy stunt last week were she released that retarded statement saying she is taking her name out of the running because she didn't feel she had good material to work with (like she would have been nominated anyways) the producers had a meeting and Shonda Rimes said she would NOT release her from her contract. She will give her even crappier material and make the bitch pay- HAHA!! A couple of years ago when she was renegociating her contract she tried to make ABC pay the mortgage on her new house because it had really good security and they should pay that for her- they told her to shove it. This girl's ego is out of control!

They were passing the mike through the crowd and anyone could ask a question. It got near the end and you know I just had to- I asked a question!!! And Lainey answered!! People- IT MADE MY LIFE!! Here it is:

Hi Lainey!! I am here with one of my really good friends and have a question about a pair of best friends and their marriages. Like you I love Gwyneth and want to know- did Chris cheat? Also- Madonna and Guy- will they be getting divorced?

She said- yes she heard Chris cheated. But they worked it out. She also heard from a girl she met from Cannes who is Gwyneth's friend and lives in her basement that Gwyneth is kind and lovely and a great mother. As for Madonna- yup here comes the divorce. But she also commented on all of Madonna's suspicious injuries over the years and that she is attracted to brutes (remember this is a woman who married Sean Penn).

It was fantastic!! The question session ended and we went and stood by her so we could talk with her and get a picture. I admit I felt like a big stalker- I mean we were hovering over this woman! But in our defense so was everyone! Eventually we did get to chat with her for quite a while actually! I just said thank you and I've been reading for a long time and it makes my day! I told her that at my old job the girls I worked with and I would send in our guesses to the blind items and it made our day. She was soooo nice! She asked for our names and shook our hands. And she was very very humble and gracious and kind. In person she is exactly how you would picture her to be. She speaks like she does on the blog and she is funny and nice. She thanked us and said the event was for the fans as a thank you. She said she is grateful that people read our blog and support her career. She was fantastic. Her husband was right near us and she told us about how she is up every morning at 4:30 to start blogging so people in Toronto will be able to read it when we get to work. Her husband gets up with her at 5 so he can help with pictures- how cute is that? She was also very funny about her arm- she kept lifting it up and saying damn you Mischa Barton- haha!

Sheila and I did get a picture with her which will be posted here soon- yay!! Lainey was just too cute- she's very tiny and well dressed- obviously! She was wearing a scarf around her elbow like Cate Blanchette told her to do- and it was Alexander McQueen- fabulous!! I just loved her!! Yes, I admit it- Stalker!!

There were also other Canadian celebrities there for the record- and I went nuts. Dan Levy is super cute in person, tall and well dressed. Devon from Much was there- very skinny. Tanya Kim was there- very pretty. And I recognized a bunch of other tv people from much and CTV and MTV but don't know their names...Oh and a Designer Guy was there- Alan!! I went mental!! He was beautiful- tall, well dressed and handsome...I love him!!

Oh the best news of the night- Lainey is in talks to get her own show next year! She was telling us that it will probably be filmed in Toronto!

Unfortunately the night had to come to an end but there was a fun part that was still to come- the SWAG bag!!! SOOO AMAZING!! We waited til we got back to my place to open them and we got some great stuff that included:
-a tshirt for the olympics
-a Dior bag with J'adore Dior perfume, mascara and lipstick
-a candle
-a scarf
-PUMA wrist bands
-A smut book- and the best part- by my favourite historical romance smut author Johanna Lindsay!! It's like they knew I was coming!
-a Fashion magazine
-a bunch of really great coupons

I can't remember what else there was but it was amazing!!!! Best.night.ever.

Thanks Lainey!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG that sounds amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

wow, that's totally up your alley!! sounds like fun!!

Sheila said...

I can't wait for next year!!! And next year I will not plan on driving home that night :)

(ps. apparently they oversold the event and there weren't enough swag bags for everyone - good thing we left when we did!)