Monday, May 10, 2010

Middlesex


This was the first audiobook that I ever listened to- I decided to get one for my last trip to Kirkland. Little did I know it would be 15 1 hour CDs so it took me a while! My friend Lindsay recommended it to me and I have to say...I'm not sure if I would ever do it again with a fictional story. The narrator was HORRID!! HORRID!! The story involves 3 generations of an immigrant family- and this lameass narrator decided to use accents! It is the story of a Greek family that moved to Detroit- and it's full of Jewish, New York, Scottish, you name it accents. And good lord when he was speaking for a woman- I cringed. So I really think that may have ruined the story for me. If I were to do it again I would probably get an autobiography that has the author's voice- I think it would be less distracted.

As for the story- meh. I didn't love it. This is another book that had a lot of hype behind it that really did nothing for me. It is not a rereader. I found it to be HORRIBLY detailed with incredibly inane items yet when the story got juicy and interesting it got rushed. Not my thing.

No comments: